Faculty of Economics, Kinki University, 3-4-1 Kowakae, Higashi-Osaka, Osaka, 577-8502, Japan
+81-6-6721-2332 (switchboard number)
tamai[$]eco.kindai.ac.jp (Please replace [$] to gath)
Nagoya University, Ph.D. in Economics, 2006
Nagoya University, M.A. in Economics, 2003
Nagoya University, B.A. in Economics, 2001
Associate Professor, Faculty of Economics, Kinki University, 2010.4-present
Previous Positions and Professional Experiences:
Lecturer, Faculty of Economics, Kinki University, 2008.4-2010.3
Assistant Professor, School of Economics, Nagoya University, 2007.4-2008.3
Research Fellow, School of Economics, Nagoya University, 2006.4-2007.3
Macroeconomics; Public Economics
1. The macroeconomic effects of fiscal policy in a stochastically growing economy, Economic Modelling (2013), Vol.35, pp.464-471.
2. Are fiscal sustainability and stable balanced-growth equilibrium simultaneously attainable? Metroeconomica (2012), Vol.63, No.3, pp.443-457. (with Akira Kamiguchi)
3. Can productive government spending be a source of equilibrium indeterminacy? Economic Modelling (2011), Vol.28, No.3, pp.1335-1340. (with Akira Kamiguchi)
4. Public goods provision, redistributive taxation, and wealth accumulation, Journal of Public Economics (2010), Vol.94, No.11-12, pp.1067-1072.
5. Dynamic analysis on public investment policies in an endogenous growth model, Studies in Applied Economics (2009), Vo.3, pp.157-165.
6. Employment, fiscal policy, and oligopsonistic labour market, Australian Journal of Labour Economics (2009), Vol.12, No.3, pp.321-337.
7. Inequality, unemployment, and endogenous growth in a political economy with a minimum wage, Journal of Economics (2009), Vol.97, No.3, pp.217-232.
8. Public capital, taxation, and endogenous growth in a finite horizons model, Metroeconomica (2009), Vol.60, No.1, pp.179-196.
9. Variety of products, public capital, and endogenous growth, Economic Modelling (2009), Vol.26, No.1, pp.251-255.
10. Fiscal and monetary policy in an endogenous growth model with public capital, FinanzArchiv (2008), Vol.64, No.4, pp.403-421.
11. A note on dynamic analysis of fiscal competition, Urban Studies (2008), Vol.45, No.3, pp.651-657.
12. Optimal fiscal policy in an endogenous growth model with public capital: a note, Journal of Economics (2008), Vol.93, No.1, pp.81-93.
13. Tax competition, capital taxation, and capital accumulation, Studies in Regional Science (2007), Vol.37, No.3,pp.739-747.
14. Public intermediate goods, endogenous growth, and indeterminacy, Economic Modelling (2007), Vol.24, No.4, pp.683-689.
15. Fiscal policy and adjustment costs of private investment in an endogenous growth model with public capital, FinanzArchiv (2006), Vol. 62, No.4, pp.455-470.
16. Endogenous market structure and fiscal policy in an endogenous growth model with public capital, Economics Bulletin (2006), Vol.15, No.11, pp.1-10.
17. A note on unemployment and capital tax competition, Journal of Urban Economics (2006), Vol.60, No.2, pp.350-356. (with Hikaru Ogawa and Yasuhiro Sato)
1. Unemployment equilibria and economic fluctuations in a monetary production economy,
Kinki Working Papers in Economics, No.22, Kinki University, (2012).
2. Endogenous business cycle under wage bargaining,
Kinki Working Papers in Economics, No.21, Kinki University, (2012).
3. Who gains from capital market integration: tax competition between unionized and non-unionized countries,
Discussion Papers In Economics And Business, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy,
Osaka University, (2010). (with Hikaru Ogawa and Yasuhiro Sato)
4. Fiscal and monetary policy in an endogenous growth model with public capital,
Discussion Paper, No.E07-1, Economic Research Center, Nagoya University, (2007).
5. Tax competition and public input provision with imperfect labor markets,
DEE Discussion Paper, No.06-2, School of Environmental Studies, Nagoya University, (2006). (with Hikaru Ogawa and Yasuhiro Sato)
6. Unemployment and capital tax competition,
DEE Discussion Paper, No.04-2, School of Environmental Studies, Nagoya University, (2004). (with Hikaru Ogawa and Yasuhiro Sato)
Economic Modelling; FinanzArchiv; International Tax and Public Finance; Journal of Economics; Journal of Economics and Business;
Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization; Journal of Public Economics; Journal of Public Economic Theory;
Regional Science and Urban Economics; Studies in Regional Science
Member of Academic Associations:
Japanese Economic Association; Japanese Association for Applied Economics; Japan Section of the Regional Science Association International; Royal Economic Society